Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Lovely Bones


In my opinion The Lovely Bones is one of the more honest adaptations to come out of Hollywood in the past year. I read this book about two years ago and wept. I always find it hard to watch a movie when the book has had a strong effect on me because I watch it with a far more critical eye and have difficulties accepting the movie for what it is. But if I were to describe this movie in one word it would be heart. When a story has as many layers as The Lovely Bones does it is sometimes hard to translate all of that onto the big screen, but Peter Jackson did a fantastic job of honouring Alice Seabold's novel. There were tears, laughter and suspense in all the right places. I highly recommend it, although as with the book it is a tear jerk, so take some tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment