Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Last night I watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland in 3D and it was brilliant! I always feel a bit weird when I see films that have had loads of hype, but I enjoyed every second of this one. The sets were really fantastic and every frame was filled with magnificent colour and detail. I highly recommend seeing the 3D version as it really takes you inside the film, and there were actually moments where I actually thought like I could reach out and touch the characters. The costumes and make-up were phenomenal, so I am sure they will be up for an Academy Award next year. The storyline itself had a really good pace and all of the favourite characters were completely lovable; who knew the Mad Hatter was such a softy, while Twiddledee and Twiddledum were oh so cute - I just wanted to squeeze their cheeks. Of course the Red Queen was completely hideous, while the White Queen was exquisite.


I am a big fan of both Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter, especially when working with the brilliantly twisted mind of Tim Burton, because both bring such unique levels of quirkiness to the story, as well as so much heart and soul. I know it's controversial, but I even felt a little sorry for the Red Queen at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment